Vanuatu Passport Through Investment: Fast, Cost-Effective and Reliable Solution
Astons experts answer the frequently asked questions of investment immigration and describe the benefits of the Vanuatu citizenship. Vanuatu is an island state in the south-western part of the Pacific. Its investment migration programme has gained increasing popularity among foreign investors.
I’ve been planning to procure a second citizenship and I heard I could get it in Vanuatu. What are the benefits of this country?
Vanuatu Development Support Program (DSP) has many perks for affluent people willing to get a second citizenship:
Enhanced global mobility. First of all, the passport of Vanuatu unlocks visa-free access to 125 countries including the EU, the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore. You will no longer have to go through tiresome bureaucratic procedures before every business trip or holiday, pay visa fees or worry about a valid visa. You won’t have to plan your trips in advance. Whether you are interested to visit a new exhibition in Vienna, a new restaurant in Italy or a show premiere in London - an opportunity to go abroad any time significantly improves your quality of life.
Also, you will be entitled to a fast track visa application to visit Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
Long-term access to the UK and the EU. You’ll be able to remain in the UK for 6 months in a year, and 90 days within every half-year in any EU country.
New passport within a month’s time. You will receive the citizenship really quickly - just in one month. This unique opportunity attracts people who need a guaranteed second citizenship right away.
Auspicious taxation. Vanuatu offers a very comfortable taxation system: it has no income tax or taxes for incomes generated abroad, or inheritance, gifts and capital enhancements. That’s why high-net-worth individuals across the globe procure this country’s passport to optimise their taxes and diversify their assets.
Full confidentiality. The Vanuatu immigration process is completely secure and confidential. You will protect your capital and get a passport with a guarantee: the investment will be made only after the local authorities review and approve your application.
Moderate qualifying investment. You will procure the citizenship by investing just $130,000. Given the number of new opportunities, this is a very generous offer!
Wow! It’s really good I learnt about this immigration programme. How much and where should I invest?
To arrange a citizenship of Vanuatu, you will need to make a non-redeemable donation of $130,000 to the country’s state fund. All investment received as part of Vanuatu’s immigration programme goes for the development of economic and social projects in the country. If you’d like to add family members to the application, the donation sum will slightly rise.
Here’s exactly what I wanted to ask: can I procure citizenship for the whole family?
Sure! According to the Vanuatu programme, you have a right to procure a passport not only for yourself but for your extended family: spouse, under age children, financially dependent children under 25 years old, parents and even grandparents.
A specific sum of the donation to the Vanuatu fund depends on your family circumstances. For example, you’ll need to invest $150,000 if you procure a passport for yourself and a spouse, $165,000 if you are a married couple with one child, $180,000 if you are a married couple with two children.
Are many people interested in the Vanuatu passport? Is the programme in demand?
Launched in 2017, this immigration programme has gained a great reputation. According to the Vanuatu treasury, the authorities collected $50 million from foreign investors only in the first third of 2019.
The country has two governmental programmes that enable investors to achieve citizenship: Vanuatu Development Support Programme (VDSP) and Vanuatu Contribution Programme (VCP). The latter targets Chinese investors only.
Also, the government of Vanuatu makes a decision whether to grant citizenship or not regardless of the candidate’s previous history of applications in other countries. This is an additional boost to the popularity of this immigration scheme.
I see. Are there any requirements for future Vanuatu citizens?
Yes, yet there are just a few and they are very simple.
1. You should be older than 18, but younger than 65 years of age.
2. You should have no criminal record (you’ll need to provide a certificate of good conduct from your main country of residence).
3. You need to prove that you have in your possession a sum of $250,000.
Candidates from Iraq, Iran, Syria, North Korea and Yemen are not accepted.
Will I have to pass a language exam or an interview?
No. The immigration programme of Vanuatu does not involve any exams, tests or interviews.
Good. Do I have to come to Vanuatu to receive the passport?
No. You can procure the citizenship remotely. The immigration programme of Vanuatu doesn’t require visiting the country either before or after procuring the passport.
Don’t worry: experienced Astons lawyers will help you go through the entire immigration procedure remotely: collect all required documents, submit the application correctly and ensure you become a citizen of Vanuatu.
Perfect. And what does the passport application process include?
First, you need to consult with investment immigration experts. The Astons lawyers will guide you through all the application stages and help you successfully receive your passport.
The entire immigration process is logical, clear and comfortable. It includes the following stages:
1. The Astons experts will consult you on the matter and help collect and check all required documents for yourself and all family members in the application.
2. You pay the application fee, provide a passport copy and certificate of good conduct. The authorities of Vanuatu check the provided information within two days and grant you a preliminary approval of passport application.
3. After you receive an official consent from the government of Vanuatu for you to join the immigration programme, you submit all the necessary documents. The Astons lawyers will help you prepare the application correctly and perform multiple checks of the documents.
4. You invest 25% of the whole donation sum and submit the application (along with all the necessary documents) to the Vanuatu authorities. The remaining investment will have to be transferred within 5 days after your application has been approved by the Vanuatu government (you will have a written confirmation).
5. You will receive a citizenship certificate. Now you only have to swear your Oath of Allegiance to the state of Vanuatu. You can do that in the country or abroad, in any place you choose. If you take the oath remotely, you’ll have to pay extra.
6. Congratulations! You have become a citizen of Vanuatu! The citizenship is granted to you for the lifetime and you can pass it on as inheritance. Please note that the passport has to be renewed every 5 years.
Sounds amazing! Please tell me more about the country itself, in case I decide to visit.
Vanuatu is a small island state in the Pacific Ocean located, in the subregion of Melanesia. It’s population is around 300,000 people. Most of the population is engaged in agriculture. The country has three official languages: English, French and Bislama (a creole language based on English). The capital of Vanuatu is Port Vila.
Vanuatu offers a warm humid tropical climate, beautiful beaches accessible from any point on the island, as well as a curious culture. The Vanuatu cuisine is a local adaptation of British and French culinary traditions. In local restaurants, make sure you try the national meal - the lap lap pudding from manioc, coconut, spinach and bananas. You can pour it down with ‘kava’ - a drink based on the old recipe and prepared from the local kava pepper.
Astons is a leading global immigration advisory firm with offices in London, Moscow, Dubai, Cyprus and China and offers residency & citizenship investment solutions in the UK, EU & the Caribbean. Astons is a committed and regulated Member of the Investment Migration Council (IMC), for EU & Caribbean investment immigration.
For further information or to discuss your personal circumstances in a private consultation, please contact Astons at email@example.com or call +44 207 292 2977.