How to Get Citizenship in Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Kitts and Nevis is a two-island nation in the Caribbean, situated between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. The islands are known for their beautiful mountains and scenery, and for their atmospheric former sugar plantations, as well as a thriving offshore banking industry.
There are a number of ways to gain citizenship, including through the Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program, which has been running successfully since 1984 and is highly regarded as the “platinum standard” of such schemes. ASTONS’ experienced and knowledgeable team of international experts can help you with all aspects of applying for citizenship of Saint Kitts and Nevis, and elsewhere. Contact us for a free personalised consultation.
Benefits of Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship
Being a citizen of Saint Kitts and Nevis offers a number of significant benefits:
- The right for the applicant and their family to live, work and study in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Visa-free travel to 157 countries including the EU and the UK
- The ability to obtain a B-1/B-2 Visa offering access to the USA
- High standard of living in a safe and beautiful environment
- One of the most highly-regarded, popular and well-known Citizenship by Investment programs worldwide
- One of the least expensive programs, offering the best ratio of cost, processing time and benefits
- Favourable tax arrangements – no tax on wages, foreign income or on wealth, gift or capital gains, dividends, interest or royalties
- A relatively short (five to seven years) investment commitment
- No residency or minimum stay requirements, either for living in the country or for the processing of the documents for the passport application
- No interview, education or language requirements
- Dual nationality allowed
- A speedy application process – usually two to three months, with a fast-track option of 6-8 weeks available for an additional fee
How To Qualify For Saint Kitts And Nevis Citizenship
- Citizenship by descent – If the applicant’s parents or grandparents are or were citizens, either by descent themselves, or by investment
- Citizenship by marriage – If the applicant is married to a citizen or Saint Kitts and Nevis, whether that citizen is through descent or investment.
- Citizenship by investment – the applicant is required to make a significant financial investment into the country of a minimum of US$150,000 in return for citizenship for themselves and family members.
Saint Kitts And Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
A highly-regarded and trusted Citizenship by Investment program, running successfully since 1984, the program requires a minimum donation of US$150,000. There are a number of options available as follows:
- A minimum donation of US$150,000 to the government’s Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF). The amount of donation increases according to the number of participants included in the application. A family for four people for example, would typically contribute US$190,000.
- A donation of US$175,000 to social infrastructure facilities, usually an investment in a social housing project approved by the government. This level of donation would include a family of up to four people (not including government fees).
- Investment of US$200,000 to US$400,000 into real estate on the islands. US$200,000 gives an option of equity participation between two individuals or two families. Investors each pay a minimum of US$200,000 and become equal co-owners of the property. The minimum term of investment is seven years.
- US$400,000 gives the option of sole ownership of the property, with a minimum investment term of five years.
- With both options the real estate may be sold after the minimum term of investment, with no effect on the citizenship. Until 2022 the real estate projects were subject to government approval, however the law has recently changed and there are now no government controls on the type of real estate allowed to be purchased.
Who Is Eligible For Saint Kitts And Nevis Citizenship By Investment?
- The main applicant must be at least 18 years old
- They must not have a criminal record
- Evidence must be provided that the applicant is in good health
- They must not have been refused a visa application from a country which has a visa-free travel agreement with Saint Kitts and Nevis
- They must provide evidence that they have the funds available, acquired legally, to proceed with the application
Can Family Be Included Within The Application?
- The applicant’s spouse can be included, as can parents and financially dependent grandparents over 55 years old
- The application can include children up to 18 years old and financially dependent children up to 30 years old
- Disabled children of any age who are dependent on the main applicant can also be included
- Siblings can be included as long as they are under 30 years old, are not married, have no children and are financially dependent on the main applicant
How Long Does The Application Process Take?
Offering one of the speedier processing times, Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship is usually granted within two to three months.
For an additional fee there is a fast-track approval program granting citizenship, subject to the same controls as for regular applications, in just 6-8 weeks.
Saint Kitts and Nevis provides an attractive, safe environment for living, with beneficial tax arrangements. It offers the “platinum standard” of Citizenship by Investment programs worldwide, giving visa-free access to 157 countries including the EU and the UK plus the possibility of a visa to the USA.
Our team of highly experienced international experts at Astons are on hand to provide you with all the information and advice you need to inform your choice of Citizenship by Investment program, and are ideally placed to guide you through all aspects of the application here and worldwide. Contact us for a free no-obligation consultation.