How Highly do You Value Your Freedoms? Cyprus Investment Scheme - Your Gateway into the UK
Second citizenship is fast becoming common place for HNWIs and the their families, who are not only looking for political stability, a better quality of life, good education prospects for their children and ease of travel around the globe, but more importantly because they value their Freedoms.
European Citizenship allow for Free Movement of:
- People – EU applicants are able to reside, work, study and travel visa free to 28 European countries, including UK, Switzerland and Liechtenstein to name but a few. The entire family are eligible, and children can benefit from lower tuition fees within the EU, including the UK’s world rated universities;
- Services –European citizens and their companies can trade freely within the EU, without common obstacles;
- Capital – EU citizens can transfer funds between any European country and invest in any activities they chose including property;
- Goods- All goods produced can be transferred freely within the EU.
Non EU nationals chose second citizenship because they are fed up of the ongoing restrictions and red tape, their lack of freedom to travel visa free and all that is associated with living and trading in their own country of residence whose economy may be less sophisticated. Most aspire to live or acquire second citizenship in one of the leading CIP countries such as the UK for their Tier 1 Investor or Entrepreneur visas that offer a sophisticated lifestyle, some of the world’s leading universities and a stable economy with good prospects for growth. However the proposed changes to Brexit and the stringent criteria to acquiring Permanent Residency (PR) and Citizenship by Investment, often leaves Non EU nationals depleted, before they have even met the criteria and often remaining non-compliant, with endless applications for visa extensions, sizeable ongoing fees, without any assurance of acquisition of PR and no guarantees of Citizenship.
Astons assists many UHNWIs with EU Citizenship via the Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program, enabling them to acquire an EU passport in only 6 months from application submission. The Cyprus Investment Scheme, is now recognised as one of the most attractive programs around the world, allowing entry into the UK with all the Freedoms of an EU National, including property investment, education, and business opportunities from the outset, whilst waiting their five years, before applying for Permanent Residency with view to future UK Citizenship.
It is still unclear what Brexit will bring, however EU nationals are currently treated favourably and can exercise their freedoms till such a time where the UK Brexit offers more clarity, with March 2019 Brexit date looming, speculation suggests that the time may be extended even further into 2021. However any EU rights would likely be protected by any upcoming transitional arrangements.
So here below are the many reasons that Cyprus is proving an excellent gateway into the UK:
- It is the fastest route to EU Citizenship, with an EU passport being acquired in only six months and EU PR issued within 7 days of application (both applications made simultaneously)A straightforward, simple application process, with no source of wealth, language or medical testing;
- No requirement for a government donation unlike Malta and other countries, so strictly an investment only program, with investment to be held for only 3 years;
- No physical residency requirement throughout the whole application process or after citizenship has been acquired (other than 1 day visit to provide biometrics).
The Benefits of Cyprus CBI over UK Tier 1 Visa, Entrepreneur Visa and other UK Business Immigration
- No filing of company accounts or complex audit submission – which is a mandatory criteria in the UK
- No English language requirement (currently required as part of settlement), unlike mandatory requirement in the under UK Directive rules;
- No restriction in investing in UK property or any other type of investment;
- No restrictions due to source of wealth and transferring of funds from foreign bank accounts;
- No strict criteria to adhere to including leaving the country If criteria is not met;
- No ongoing amendments in rules and changes to criteria, making it increasing hard to meet visa requirements and adds to client frustrations;
- No top up criteria for depreciation in investments;
- Certain UK visa categories do not permit settlement.
Apply for your Cyprus passport today and plan to live freely as an EU National in the UK enjoying all your EU freedoms.
Should you wish to know more about your eligibility for Cyprus Citizenship by Investment as a Tier 1 Investor, or would like further advice on UK Investor or Entrepreneur visas and UK property services, please contact our specialist immigration team on +44(0)207 292 2977 or on email at email@example.com, or click on the link to request a free initial consultation.