Cyprus announces important changes to citizenship by investment program
The Cypriot Investment Scheme, one of the most efficient Citizenship programs, offering the quickest route to EU citizenship in just 180 days, is under scrutiny again.
This week, in an effort to further regulate the Cyprus Investment Program (CIP) and to secure its continuity, the Cypriot government has taken another huge step to limit the program, even after imposing the 700 applicant limit this year. To tighten the grip on the citizenship scheme, on the 13th of February officials approved a series of new changes, which are due to come into force in several months. There’s no better time to secure EU Citizenship than right now!
7 key changes announced:
1. Applicants will have to be in possession of a Schengen visa.
2. Applicants who were rejected by another EU country will be excluded from the CIP.
3. The investment period will be 5 years, instead of 3 years. The investor will be able to change his investment, provided that consent is granted.
4. Shipping will be included in the investment sectors, while investing in government bonds will no longer be available.
5. A planning permit shall be mandatory for properties under construction.
6. An €150,000 donation will be required: €75,000 for research and development & €75,000 to the land development organisation.
7. Due diligence and background checks shall be carried out by a specialised foreign firm on each applicant.
What's my next move?
With this in mind, if you are looking to take up this program and become a European citizen in 180 days - do so quickly and without delay.
Astons has assisted many applicants to achieve their dream of Cypriot citizenship quickly and efficiently by guiding them through every step of the process. We always stay focused on our clients’ benefits and deliver an outstanding service.
We have created a tailor-made Cyprus Citizenship package to ensure your EU Passport application is a successful and pleasurable experience:
Cyprus citizenship package also includes
- Free tax consultation with Top-4 accounting firm
- Free legal advice from qualified independent lawyers
- Free due diligence check for developers and projects
- All travel expenses in Cyprus covered by Astons
Astons is a leading global immigration advisory firm with offices in London, Moscow, Dubai, Cyprus and China and offers residency & citizenship investment solutions in the UK, EU & the Caribbean. Astons is a committed and regulated Member of the Investment Migration Council (IMC), for EU & Caribbean investment immigration.
For further information on Cyprus investments or citizenship by investment or to discuss your personal circumstances in a private consultation, please contact Astons at email@example.com or call +44 207 292 2977.