PhonePointRequest a call back
EU / EEA Family PermitEU / EEA Family PermitEU / EEA Family Permit

EU / EEA Family Permit

  • The right to join an EU or EEA family member in the UK
  • Family permit: Valid for 6 months
  • Entry and exit of the UK without limitation within the 6-month period


The EU Family Permit application route is available to immediate family members of EEA nationals, who hold either settled or pre-settled status in the UK, through the EU Settlement Scheme.

The EEA Family Permit application route is available to any family members of EEA nationals residing in the UK. The purpose of this permit category is to allow applications to be made from extended family members as well as close relations as eligible under the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit. Eligible relations include spouses, partners, dependent parents and children, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles.


Both permit routes are valid for a 6-month period. Permit holders may apply for pre-settled status on arrival in the UK through the EU Settlement Scheme. Applications for the EEA Family Permit must be made in advance of arrival in the UK.


Should the EEA national be residing in the UK as a student, the applicant must be either a spouse, civil partner or dependent child of either the EEA national, or their spouse or civil partner. If the applicant is otherwise related to the EEA national, they must apply as an extended family member.


Examples of extended family members:


  • Siblings
  • Aunts or uncles
  • Nephews or nieces
  • Cousins


Eligible extended family members must either be dependent on the EEA national, be a member of their household, or have a health condition of a level of seriousness that they rely on the EEA national to provide care for them.


Should the applicant be a partner of the EEA national outside of marriage, they must demonstrate the validity of their relationship and that this is on a long-term basis.



  • Applicants must be either an immediate or extended family member of the EEA national, and be able to evidence this relationship
  • The EEA national must either already be in residence in the UK or be on route UK alongside the applicant within 6 months of the application date for the EEA Family Permit
  • Should the EEA national have been resident in the UK for over 3 months, they must either hold a Permanent Residence document, or be considered a qualified person; i.e. be employed, self-employed, a student or be otherwise self-sufficient



Book a Free Consultation

Fill in our contact form and one of our immigration experts will reach out to you shortly.
Required information
How do you wish to be contacted
Additional information

Are there any family dependents applying with you? If yes, please specify the total number of applicants.

Thank you!
We are processing your enquiry

Our consultants will contact you soon